Finished the Dresden Block
At the end of the day, I just decided that this quilt was TOO small to NOT finish. So… I finished it.
Overall, I’m not sure if I love it. It’s definitely growing on me, though. It has a sort of FUNKY going on that I do really like. I don’t even notice the lop-sided points. They aren’t nearly as prominent as I first thought they’d be.
I ended up quilting flower petal type arches in the Dresden wedges with a variegated rust thread, Sulky Blendable. Then I meandered with a Mettler variegated Grey-Smoke-White thread all over the rockin’ plaid background. The bobbin thread is some crazy pink polyester cone I purchased in Korea.
I made a crazy zig zag grid of quilting over the flower center.
And as promised, I used pink on the back and for the binding. It finished exactly 15″ square.
I can now cross “give Dresden Plate a try” off my bucket list. =)
Don’t forget to enter the 101 Patchwork Projects Give Away. It’s open until Friday, April 15th, 2011.Fabric: Anna Maria Horner for Free Spirit, Chocolate Lollipop