Machine Quilter’s Showcase 2011 Overland Park
I attended the AMAZING Machine Quilter’s Showcase 2011 at the Overland Park KS Convention Center. Can I just say- OH HOLY SMOKES! That work is unreal. It is breath-taking and precise and creative and innovative and colorful and bold and…. I think it will be best to just show you some pictures. Click on any of them to see them larger.
**I did not make ANY of these. I also do not have the names of all the artists. If one is yours, let us know in the comments.
Enjoy the mini show.
Here are some things that I learned by walking the show:
- Bobbin thread is really important
- Mixing/nesting background fillers is totally acceptable
- Making a border design in “blank” space can be done completely with quilting and not piecing
- Texture rocks the house
- I should experiment with colored threads more
- Signing the quilt in thread or ( in Karen McTavish’s case) hand painted ink is really stinkin’ cool