Ok, I’ve decided on my first Spoonflower print. I know you were losing sleep over the whole thing. =) Let me show you what I made:
Now, partly because I don’t understand drawing vector shapes (YET) and partly because I want the fabric to be all about my business… I went with tiling my logo in a smaller scale all over this 18″x21″ piece. The whole motif was painted in watercolor, then scanned into Photoshop. Then I manipulated the one leaf into a flower and added the painted circle to mix it up slightly. I wanted the black to give a little spot for eye to rest. And a little Black makes everything seem to match everything else.
My first thought is that I’d like to make some more MiniHipsters with this fabric.
The last time I had a piece of fabric this small, that I was so excited about, was a couple Mother’s Days ago. My daughter and I tried our hand at fabric painting. It was quite fun and I’d love to do it again. We used the textile medium mixed with Apple barrel/Ceramcoat paints. The paints were very watered down and fluid, so the cotton did not feel stiff at the end. I think I have a picture of the quilt I made from the 15 usable squares…
That pattern was from a magazine. I had to redraft the whole thing to get the pattern to work with my sized painted square, but it turned out. This is a lap size. I donated it to an auction and my good friend and neighbor actually won it.
Anyway, we’ll see what I actually make once the Spoonflower fabric is here. Surely, I won’t be the first girl to stalk the mailman!